ICF Canoe Sprint Development Programme
Projects of the ICF Canoe Sprint Development Programme in 2016
In the framework of the ICF Development and Talent Identification Programme the following projects will be organized in 2016:
1. Training camp in Hungary and participation in the World Cup 1 and 2 as well in the Women Canoe Cup.
2. Support women canoe category development with the participation in the 5th Women Canoe Cup and a training camp before in Boulogne (FRA).
3. Support participation in the Junior/U23 World Championships in Minsk and in training camp before for the selected athletes.
4. Level 3 Coach’s course in Budapest
The detailed information/invitation and the application forms of the 1-3 programme are available below. Information on the Level 3 course will be released soon.
ICF and Hungarian Canoe Federation’ Development Programme 2016 - 2019
In the framework of the ICF Development and the Talent Identification Programme the ICF with the financial and logistical support of the Hungarian Canoe Federation is launching a four years development programme from 2016.
The principal target of the project is to identify, select and support young talented athletes and their coaches’ education in Canoe Sprint discipline that has potential to qualify to the Olympic Games 2016 (or already qualified) and/or for 2020.
The project provides priority for the women canoe development continuously besides the support of the talented athletes in the other categories.
The priority for the invitation to the programme in 2016 will be given to those qualified athletes to the Olympic Games in Rio whose have not good training condition for the preparation of that Event.
The planned programme in 2016:
- Training camp in Hungary at 02 - 17 May
- Participation in the 1st World Cup in Duisburg
- Participation in the 2nd World Cup in Racice
- Participation in the 5th Women Canoe Cup in FRA
Please note that some details might be changed in the programme in accordance with logistical, organization and financial reason!
- The expenses of the described programme will be covered for the selected athletes and coaches from the arrival date in Budapest until departing
- The traveling expenses to Budapest and back to the origin country shall be paid by the national federation.
Application for the participation in the described project can be sent by national federations on the enclosed application form. For the selection the agreement of the respective Continental Association required.
The applications shall be sent to Csaba Szanto’ e-mail address of [email protected] before 01 March 2016.
Those NFs whose athletes will qualify to Rio in the Continental Qualifying event in 2016 may send their application immediately after the event and could join the programme afterword.
The criteria of athletes’ selection are:
From the applied NF
- has been organizing National Championships
- pays his annual memberships to the ICF and Cont. Assoc.
- the Continental Association agreement with the athlete support
- arrange and pays for visa and the traveling expenses to Budapest and back to the origin
- cooperates with the organisation and send the required information in due time
The athlete level’ will be considering:
- the athlete best time in one of the Olympic distance in 2015
- the endurance and strength level (tests) show that her/his physical ability ensure the progressing in canoeing
Athletes’ performance will be monitoring and might be invited continuously to the programme in the coming years in consideration with their progress and cooperation with the organization, coaches, team members and officials.
The applicant national federations will receive the ICF decision of invitation to the programme before 15th March 2016.
CANOE SPRINT WOMEN CANOE CUP V. BOULOGNE (FRANCE) 06-12 JUNE 2016
In the framework of the Women Canoe Development Programme the ICF with the cooperation of the France Canoe Kayak Federation and Boulogne Sur Mer Canoe Club will organize the 5th Women Canoe Cup and a Training Camp before the competition takes place.
The Events will be held:
For Junior and Senior age groups on C1 200m, 500m and 2000m; C2 200m and 500m, C4 200m distances
One national federation may enter to each junior and senior event by the maximum of two boats. For senior C2 races the junior with senior composition will be accepted! For C4 event international teams will be created if one federation has not 4 athletes.
The expenses of the participation are 70.00 Euros per day per person. The total price of the 7 nights programme is 490 € including the boat rental. (However the usage of the own boats will be highly welcoming.)
The expenses for coaches or other accompanied persons who want to take part in the Event are the same as for the athletes.
Participants may come direct for the competition only without taking place in the training camp, which will be held at 11-12 June.
- The ICF upon application may cover the expenses of the participation for one athlete per national federation. This financial support will be provided particularly for those who will enter to the Event with a C2 team.
- The FFCK/BCK will cover the domestic transportation between Paris and Boulogne, the boat rental and the organization of the competition
- The travelling to Paris (or direct to Boulogne) shall be covered by all participants in addition to the lodge and board’ expenses.
- Arrival in Paris at Beauvais-Tille (recommended as the closest airport to Boulogne) or CDG Airport on 06th June (MON)
- Departure on 13th June. (In the case that the date of arrival/departure would be different then the participant needs to arrange their traveling to Boulogne by themselves!)
- Training camp start on 07th June with coach’s assistance
- The competition will be held on 11/12 June. Medal will be given to I-III. positions in each event
- Boats will be provided free of charge. Athletes need to bring their paddle and kneepad
- Invitation letter for visa application will be provided upon request. Please send the name, birth of date and the passport number of those who need obtain Shengen visa direct to: [email protected]
Please fill in the application form before 31st March 2016.
INFORMATION AND INVITATION
ICF CSP Talent Identification Programme (TIP) in connection with the Junior / U23 World Championships in Minsk (Belarus) 2016
In the framework of the ICF Talent Identification Programme a training camp followed by the participation in the Junior/U23 World Championships 2016 will be organised and financially supported for the selected athletes.
The principal target of this project is to identify and support talented women canoe paddlers especial in double (C2) teams who have potential to qualify to the Olympic Games 2020 and increase canoeists’ participation in major competitions.
In addition some talented athletes’ invitation and support from the other categories will be considering.
The planned programme:
Training Camp in Minsk at 18-27July
Junior/U23 World Championships 28-31 July
Arrival in Minsk on 17 July (SUN), departure on 01 Aug (MON)
Application for participation in the described TIP programme would be accepted from the developing and active national federations with the agreement of the relevant Continental Association.
Application shall be sent to the e-mail address of [email protected] before 01 April 2016 with the enclosed form.
- The age limit of the athletes in the project is 15 to 23 of years. (Birthdays are between: 2001 -1993)
The criteria of athletes’ selection will be based on their performance (best time on an Olympic distance) and physical level. Athletes might be invited continuously to the TIP in the coming years in consideration with their progress and cooperation with organization, coaches, team members and officials. The performances will be evaluated yearly.
The priority of invitation will be given to the best athletes from those federations, which would not able to participate in the Championships without the ICF financial assistance!
Another criterion is that the national federations (which apply for the participation in the TIP) needs to organise National Championships yearly.
The ICF will inform the applicant federation whose athletes will be invited until the end of April.
Invitation letter for visa application will be sent by the host federation upon request. (Contact Sergey Shablyka: [email protected] ) Please notice that obtaining visa to Belarus would take some weeks.
The entries to the World Championships shall be made online via ICF ISIS system.
- The expenses of the training camp and participation in the World Championships will be covered by the ICF
- The host Belarus Canoe Federation provides the boats free of charge and waiver the accreditation fee
- The traveling to Minsk (Belarus) and back to the origin city should be paid by the participants.